I finally finished the latest Strippie quilt for the Stitchers group. My progress on it was interrupted by the dress and hat I made for Anya, plus I missed a Stitchers session or two.
I backed this one with solid blue fleece and had more problems with it than I had with the Minkee I used on the other ones. I think if I use fleece again, I will just bind it.
On my design wall is my next super-secret project:
This pattern is the cover quilt on the May/June 2013 issue of Quilty Magazine. I’m using the same fabric line, Moda’s Comma, which is really cute with punctuation marks: commas, periods, asterisks (or as the lady in the quilt shop called them, “jacks”). I’m making some modifications however. The original design has huge 10″ wide white borders, white backing and white binding. That’s just way too much white to be practical. Maybe if it was going to hang on a wall, but I hope this one will be used. The design utilizes a jelly roll, which I’ve never worked with before. What a time saver! But I couldn’t find the border, binding, and backing yardage locally, so I ordered them from Fat Quarter Shop. I hope to finish this within the next week or so.
That’s all for me, go to Judy L’s page and see what everyone else is up to.