I need more 3-day weekends. I just don’t seem to get much sewing done on the regular ones.
Today, I put the borders on the quilt-without-a-name:
I prefer mitered borders to long horizontal/vertical ones, but that Y-seam sure presents a challenge. I’ve done several quilts this way now, but I still can’t say that I do them well. Three of these seams came out pretty good, but the fourth one has a pucker. I used my 3-tries-to-fix-it philosophy, after that, it is what it is. Any further futzing can wear out the fabric/seam allowance. The problem with the Y-seam is the Y. Once sewn, it’s hard to get in there and fix it. So hopefully, it will quilt out LOL.