Ok, it’s time to trim the rows so that I can add the sashing strips. I’m feeling more confident now, let’s hope my optimism is warranted.
This is the upper right corner unit. I discovered after measuring that if I trimmed off the 1/2″ overage, the top of the triangle measures 6.25″ which is exactly what it should be.
This is the next row to the left. If I put my ruler at the 1/4″ mark, it lines up with the raw edge of the attached diamond. Sweet!
This is a short row from the left side. I don’t know what measurement the block should be, so I held my breath and trimmed it even with the diamond’s raw edge. I hope that was right. 🙂
Well it looks good, anyway!
So I got one long sashing strip sewn onto a row before I left for work this morning.
Stay tuned, this quilt might actually work!