I’m in the home stretch! There are only two more seams to sew!
The next challenge, which ended up not being very challenging, was sewing the rows together so that the sashings line up.
Since the sashing are 1″ wide and I just happen to have a 1″ ruler, it seemed easy enough to just line up the sashing this way and make tiny pencil marks on the connecting sashing. And yes, that was easy. But I found that I could eyeball it just as well.
But the last rows I joined this morning have a big problem:
I don’t know what I did wrong with the upper left cornerstone block. I can see that I will need to re-do the short sashing strip because I obviously cut the angle wrong. But even if I’d cut the angle correctly, it looks to me like the setting triangle is too short no matter what. The upper right cornerstone block looks pretty danged perfect.
Yikes! I’m not sure how I’m going to fix this, if it’s even fixable at this point.
And I was feeling so good about this project.
That’s all the excitement from Short Pump, check out all the action at Judy L’s blog.